Friday, May 22, 2015

Summon the Roses Interview with guitarist Tomo Asaha 2015

©Tomo Asaha


Summon the Roses had the honor of interviewing guitarist Tomo Asaha! Check out this awesome interview with the talented artist!

Thank you Tomo so much for this second interview with Summon the Roses.

Are you working on any projects right now? If so, can you tell us a little about it?

Tomo: I'm working with Shahidah Omar. She's a talented singer and you may have seen me perform with her on a TV show a while back. 
Right now we are working on a new album, which is almost done so it will be released soon. I will post about it on my social media pages when it's released, so please check it.

You performed at the Bonni Hunt show a while back, do you have any plans of making another appearance on American Television?

Tomo: Yeah! After Shahidah's album is finished, we will be on a couple TV shows in America for sure.

Do you have any performances planned for this year?

Tomo: We are gonna do a release party in LA and New York for the new album, and we are thinking of doing a tour and some music festivals this year as well.

What are some of the biggest challenges you have faced in the music industry?


Tomo: Right now, my biggest challenge is learning how to be a producer. I used to be a composer/arranger/guitarist, but producing is completely different. It's still new to me. Creating an entire song from zero, everything from the timing to the sound, to running a studio, scheduling, every detail. I think this is a big turn for me, as I'm building my network here in a new city. 

What goes through your mind when you're on stage performing in front of a crowd?


Tomo: I focus on enjoying the music and getting into the music. If I couldn't enjoy it, I don't think I could make the audience enjoy it too, because it's connected. That's how art and music is. 

Could you name one of your biggest influences in the music industry?


Tomo: Radiohead. I can't expect what they're gonna do with their music. It's always different. Recently, I've become influenced by Jonsi and FKA Twigs also.


Do you have any plans of collaborating with another artist in the near future?


Tomo: No plans yet, but I am getting offers!

Do you have a message for your fans?


Tomo: Recently, I haven't been performing on the stage in a while, but I'm still working on music and creating a new approach behind the scenes. Please keep supporting me. Hopefully I will be able to deliver my heart to you soon. Thank you for taking time to read my interview! 
TL;DR version: I'm still working on stuff so stay tuned. 

🌹Links🌹


No comments:

Post a Comment