Thursday, November 9, 2023

INTERVIEW WITH ANIME OP SINGER ASAKA AT AWA 2023

 

©Mages

Please introduce yourself to the readers of Summon the Roses

I'm mainly an Anime singer and I used to live in the United States. 


Your new album “Who’s me? “ came out this year. Can you explain what you wanted your fans to feel while listening to it?


Because of Covid we couldn't hold any live performances and the music industry was affected as a whole, and I even caught Covid at one point. It affected us pretty heavily, so in making the album "Triple Crown" there are a lot of Anime songs in a lot of different genres. In purchasing this album, you will get to see many sides of me. I also love horse racing so I took a lot of inspiration from that.


Can you tell us about your visual concept for your music video “Triple Crown”. What is the theme you were going for in this video?


Within this world of Anime singers, it's really hard to succeed in this industry, but for me I wanted to prove I have what it takes and I'm prepared and have the willpower to go forward with this career and of course the image of the song is of a strong powerful woman. I prepared my outfit to show that strength so the visuals could impact the viewers as well. 


From your album “Whos me?” Do you have a favorite track from this album?


My favorite song is titled "No. 1".  The meaning of the track No.1 is that I want to become the number one Anime singer in the world. The meaning behind the lyrics is inspirational for my fans. I want to let them go so we can reach great heights together. This is also an inspiration from the horse racing world. 


How do you feel about meeting your fans in North America?


I haven't met my fans at Anime Weekend Atlanta yet but there's a lot of positive response on social media and I see the fan's reaction and I love to see that. For me being back in America, feels like coming back home. I am looking forward to the warm reception of fans and I'm excited about meeting my fans at the autograph session. 


Growing up, what made you decide to become a singer? Who inspired you on your music journey?


Originally, I really liked Anime and singing and I wanted to put those two together. I wanted to become an Anime song singer. The reason why that was even a possibility was because I heard May'n who is the singer for Macross Frontier and I heard her powerful songs and I thought this is a job I want to do in the future. It took a lot of different auditions and I participated in some competitions and took voice training. I eventually debuted. 


What are some of your favorite hobbies outside of music?


I love to play games and watch horror movies. 


Do you have a favorite horror film that you love?


I really like OLD directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I've seen a lot of horror movies. 


What projects are you currently working on right now? 


Next year I'll be singing one of the theme songs for Laid Back Camp season 3 and that will be debuting in April of next year. Please look forward to the production of this song.


Lastly, do you have a message for your fans?


As an Anime song singer, I love when I go overseas to these events and I see how much love everyone has for Anime and Anime songs. It takes me by surprise and I want to live up the those expectations. My goal is I would love to do a stand alone show in the US in the future. I love to start here at conventions and maybe even join music festivals. Eventually I will have my own stage in the US and that is something  I am looking forward to. I have a lot of aspirations to come back and I want to do like six more shows. Big plans! 


🌹Links🌹



We want to give a special thanks to Asaka Staff and Fakestar for allowing us to conduct this interview.

A special thanks to Anime Weekend Atlanta for this opportunity.






No comments:

Post a Comment