Thursday, October 15, 2015

Interview with GYZE

©GYZE

Can you introduce yourselves to the readers of Summon the Roses?

Hello. This is Ryoji of the melodic death metal band, GYZE. I'm the guitarist, vocalist, keyboardist, song writer, and producer of GYZE.


You will be performing at the Loud Park Festival 2015, how are you preparing for this performance?


We don't really plan to change anything. We will play as we always do! But before LOUD PARK we are on tour with Children of Bodom, so I think it'll be a really great performance!


Loud Park Festival has an amazing line-up including  Megadeth and Children Of Bodom, are you excited to share the stage with these bands?


 Of course! Actually in the beginning I think my brother and I were inspired to form GYZE to cover COB. So this is a  really awesome thing for us. We'll put all of our energy into it!


Your musical arrangement is truly amazing! How do you collaborate with each other when composing music?


Thank you!! Actually, I do the songwriting myself. But Shuji is a better drummer, so after I finish the song I leave the drum part to him. However, aside from that it's all me.


How long does it usually take you to compose a song and complete the recording?


A Recording usually takes a month or two, but I record ideas for songs everyday.


What about your image? Do you target specific brands?


In GYZE the guitar is at the fore front. That along with the melody and fast pace are the real features of our music. However, I think it still has a grand feeling about it. There is also a lot of imagery of my hometown up north in Hokkaido. 


You released an album at the beginning of this year. Can you tell us about the composing of this album titled BLACK BRIDE?


 As always they are songs I wrote. I feel like this album is more melodic than FASCINATING VIOLENCE and there's a lot more guitar parts. 


How long did it take you to complete the recording of this album?


 I think it took about two months to record and about two months for Ettore Rigotti to finish the mixing.


What artists are your top musical influences?


There are a lot! First there was KISS. Then I got into stuff like THE OFFSPRING and SUM41 and from there my first taste of metal was IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA. After that I was listening to power metal bands like HELLOWEEN before finally becoming interested in MELODIC DEATH METAL. I really love CHILDREN OF BODOM who we are on tour with just now. In Japan SERPENT is a melodeath favorite. And DISARMONIA MUNDI who produced our album are awesome!
Aside from metal I love a lot of pianists, but if we get into that the list will never end.


How do you think Gyze has evolved since the formation of the band?


I don't really know, but I always want the band to grow and evolve. Anyhow, I wanna play some fucking great metal! 

How is Gyze different from other Jrock bands? What is a unique quality you possess? 

GYZE has a more European metal sound. We wanna be a proper heavy metal band. In Jrock I feel like there aren't really any other bands like GYZE. Even in the international metal scene I don't think there are too many lead guitarist who shout like me either. 


Where do you find the inspiration for your lyrics?


Every time is a bit different. After I've written the song I write the lyrics during recording. Sometimes really unpleasant feelings make great songs.


What projects are you working on at this moment?


Other than GYZE? My life is just GYZE and fishing! Aside from that I have my brand, BLACK BRIDE.  It's full of cool, stylish items and we ship overseas, so please check it out! Website: blackbridejp.com


Are you planning on adding any more band members in the future?

No, we don't have any plans to add anyone.


Do you have any plans of performing overseas anytime soon?


Right now we're on tour in China and Hong Kong. Then we have LOUD PARK and after that we're off to Germany to play a show on the 17th.


Do you have a message for your fans?


Hello! We really want to tour the US someday! Hope to see you all soon! Please check out GYZE's music!
🌹Links🌹

No comments:

Post a Comment